Friday, November 25, 2011

Mischief Managed!!

After two years, I'm finally done with the Ron Weasley Blanket! I've been pouring over pictures, hunting through yarn stores and have spent hours doing garter stitch, and it's finally complete! The blanket is as accurate as possible and I'm quite excited by how it has turned out. I've taken a couple photos of the my blanket in the same position as the pictures, I'm quite pleased.

The only thing left to do now is write out the pattern. I don't know that anyone else will be crazy enough to replicate the blanket as seen in the movie but I'll keep working on it. The pattern will be rather lengthy as there are 80 different squares to write instructions for. I'm including reference pictures to show where each sqaure pattern was obtained.

Here are a couple pictures to show my blanket and how it compares to the real thing!




1 comment:

  1. I was just looking for the penguin sweater pattern and came across your blanket! My grandson is Potter mad. I just knit him a Gryffendor Sweater - Red with golden snitches along the border and hood and the crest on the back. I told him I got the pattern from Molly Weasley when we were in school together… He was THRILLED. This blanket is very, very tempting as a next project. Thanks. Now I gotta go find that penguin sweater pattern...

    ReplyDelete