Friday, October 28, 2011

Casting on...

I still remember the day I learned the knit and the purl. It took endless hours of frustration, tying my needles into hopeless knots, as I learned the motions that would weave a skein of yarn together. With time I learned to keep the tension just right and eventually embarked upon the journey almost every new knitter takes - the scarf. An unchanging width of warmth where the end knit last invariably looks a bit better than the start.

It's been eight years since then and the movements have become fluid, the projects more complex and the yarn collection a bit ridiculous. I've got all sorts of ideas and have come up with a clever design or two of my own. This blog will be a place to share these ideas as well as my knitting misadventures.

Check out my projects:
http://www.ravelry.com/people/penguineer

No comments:

Post a Comment